New parents in Lenox Village neighborhood welcomed a baby boy about 3 months ago in March. Mom and Dad both work from home in IT and are needing help 3 days a week. They are a very laid back family and do not expect much from the nanny besides tasks directly related to the baby. They anticipate sending him to day care starting in August 2021, so this position would only be for roughly one year.
August 5th, but are flexible to start the following week. August 5th is the first day without grandparents in town, but if needed they are willing to make arrangements for that week.
One additional day is needed, and mom is flexible for nanny to choose Monday or Wednesday. (She would prefer Monday)
Nanny will spend their day with the baby bottle feeding, soothing, and playing with baby. No other responsibilities are needed besides occasional baby laundry during nap time. Mom is okay having a younger nanny, possibly someone in college as long as they have experience with with newborns and the first year. Both parents will be working from home but will likely be busy throughout the day so would love someone who is able to take initiative and have good judgment to make decisions throughout the day. They are happy to answer questions, especially in the beginning but would love someone that does not require a lot of guidance in watching a newborn. Baby boy take a special type of formula due to stomach issues, so there will be no breast milk, only formula bottles. The only responsibilities expected will be everything involved in caring for the baby (diapers, bottle feeding, etc.) and possibly baby laundry. No dishes, trash, household cleaning/organizing or errands are required.
- Experience with a newborn and first year of life- including knowledge of milestones and creative ways of helping baby master them
- Ability to commit to one year of employment
- Great communication skills
- Ability to work without being micromanaged by parents
- Able to take direction from parents and keep baby on the schedule they have for him
- Put these first time parents at ease with your ability to soothe and nurture baby
- $14-15/hr DOE
- Guaranteed hours
- Legal overtime when applicable